Friday, May 09, 2008

Oil and weed

This morning I saw a headline on the front page of Fox News that said "oil shoots up to $125 a barrel on weakening dollar". An hour later, I saw a headline on the front page of Fox News that said "oil shoots up to $126 a barrel on weakening dollar."

I should stop clicking on Fox News.

Oh wait, no I shouldn't. Because then I wouldn't be able to read stories like this one.

Stoner 1: "I got a plan."
Stoner 2: "Yo Man......."
Stoner 1: "Yo Man what?"
Stoner 2: "I don't know."
Stoner 1: "Shut up, you wanna hear it?"
Stoner 2: [laughter]
Stoner 1: "Okay so we dig up a corpse."
Stoner 2: "Yo Man."
Stoner 1: "Yo Man what? Shut up already. So we dig up a corpse and we steal the skull."
Stoner 2: "Can we stop at 7-11 first?"
Stoner 1: "Yeah whatever. So we steal the skull and we make a bong out of it."
Stoner 2: [laughter]
Stoner 1: "Then we come back here and we smoke this."
Stoner 2: "You had me at dig up a corpse."

Aren't you glad I figured out a way to use the cliche'd Jerry Maguire line once more?

3 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    Just curious...I'd like to know what movie you base your "urban diaglogue" on. I have a hunch it's not from personal experience.

  2. Megan Says:

    I hit submit too fast. I should have said "stoner dialogue." Or maybe it's supposed to be both?

  3. Anonymous Says:

    You're right, it's not from personal experience. Not that I wouldn't have dug up a corpse had I thought of it at the time, but no it never happened to me personally.

    Oddly enough it's not from a movie either. I don't think. Maybe it's just a product of having seen Dazed and Confused a couple hundred times.