Thursday, May 15, 2008

I ordered a coffee, not a cough-ee. And I love stupid puns

There's a guy at the other end of my floor who does that throat-clearing thing after every time he coughs. Do you know the one I'm talking about? When you were a kid, your dad probably did it every morning. My next-door-neighbor still does it every once in a while as he walks to his car in the driveway right by my bedroom window before he leaves for work. It's a wet cough, followed by the leftover phlegm* being cleared from the passageway. Oh yeah, it's very attractive.

* Is that how you spell 'phlegm'? Why isn't it 'flem'? I should probably look it up before posting this blog. But I'm sure I won't because I'm lazy**.

So anyway, whomever it is at the other end of my floor has been doing it for like a month now. Either he just took up smoking or he just gave up smoking. It's one or the other. But the odd thing is that he sits far enough away from me that I can't tell who's doing it. Which begs the questions (at least to me), what the hell does it sound like for the people who sit by him? And are they questioning it? And why isn't it getting better? Does this guy need a doctor's visit or something?

So many questions.

** I didn't.

Labels: , , |

0 comments: