Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When email goes bad, v.2

Him: "Yeah so I was emailing back and forth with Todd. You remember Todd that guy I used to work with? So he emails me and says that Amy gave her notice and today's her last day. I email him back with something like 'oh that sucks. I always wanted to bang her'. I wasn't even being serious. Even in my head, I was using the Kevin voice from The Office."

Me: "I'm following. Go on."

Him: "So we continue to email back and forth. He's telling me about his stuff and I'm telling him about mine. Then he invites me and [my wife] to go out for drinks one weekend."

Me: "Yeah."

Him: "So I forward the email to [my wife] with a note that says 'you wanna hang out with Todd?' or something like that, completely forgetting that earlier in the email, there's a message from me saying that I want to bang this Amy girl."

Me: "Holy crap. Yeah keep going."

Him: "So of course the wife reads the whole thing starting from the bottom, calls me up and says 'so who's this Amy?' And now she's all pissed at me."

Me: "That is too brilliant. Can I blog this?"

Him: "Yeah that's fine."

[Full disclosure: He was drunk when he gave me permission.]

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    If I were her, I'd almost feel reassured. Clearly he is too stupid to cheat and get away with it!

  2. Jerms Says:

    haha that's amazing