Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chicago Bulls to use throwback coach in '08-'09 season

ESPN is reporting that the Chicago Bulls will announce Doug Collins as their new next head coach.

Some of our older readers may remember that Doug Collins had coached the Bulls back in the 80's (yes, the 1980's) before they started hanging banners from the ceiling (and presumably before the invention of the shot clock and plexiglass backboards).

Collins was fired by the Bulls following the '88-'89 season, and replaced by the great Phil Jackson who led the team to 6 NBA championships. Why the Bulls think Collins will be a better fit for the team 20 years later remains a mystery. But I say why stop there? They should try to get more of that team back. Are you telling me Charles Oakley is busy?

Labels: , , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I think they should have re-hired Scott Skiles. That would have been funny.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    My first thought when I originally heard the news was, "You've got to be kidding me." Unfortunately, the story turned out to be true.

    Because apparently Paul Westhead was unavailable, it would seem.