Friday, May 16, 2008

The 5-second rule doesn't exist around here

I've been working in my building a long time now. I've seen the neighborhood change (not true), I've seen hundreds of people come and go (probably true), and I've been here through 5 different presidential terms (not even close). But one thing that has remained constant is the building's carpeting (definitely). Honestly, the carpeting in my building is older than this lightbulb (exaggeration). But good news - I think it's finally getting replaced.

Maybe this means nothing to you, but this is the best news I've heard since these guys announced their new tour (if this were a Family Guy episode, there would be a cutaway to Stewie reading that headline with a huge smile on his face. Or maybe something funny). It sparked the following IM conversation between Donald and me as a handful of people were walking around our floor with clipboards and lasers (yep, clipboards. I mean lasers).

Donald(10:24:24): who are these people with friggin lasers?
Donald(10:26:23): we're getting new carpet!
Donald(10:26:44): but we're all getting fired

Okay, that was more The Donald being funny. But hurray! New carpet!

Labels: , , |

4 comments:

  1. Jerms Says:

    you should post before and after carpet pictures.

    and i am totally indifferent to the new layout. i guess it's ok.

  2. Megan Says:

    Dear Brian,

    I too am a fan of the paranthetical aside, but sometimes you overdo it a little.

    New Carpet = Someone getting fired. That carpet probably cost as much as the salary as one person. I hope it's not you or Donald. He's a funny guy.

    I'm glad you mentioned lasers, as today is the anniversary of the laser. Check out the google homepage for their tribute.

    I like the new layout. It's clean and simple, two of my favorite adjectives.

    Sincerely,

    Jane

    p.s. I think I just made up the term "paranthetical aside."

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I don't think I overdo it Jane (maybe a little).

    I'm so clever (not really).

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Also, Donald read your comment. You now have a fan. He's that easy.