Thursday, April 24, 2008

Who are the ad-wizards who came up with this?

Jimmy Fallon will be taking over for Conan O'Brien next year when Conan takes over as host of The Tonight Show, so says this story. I'd come up with a joke there, but I don't think I'm funny enough. Or maybe I am. Let me try.

Hey did you hear Jimmy Fallon is going to take over for Conan O'Brien next year? Yeah apparently NBC was looking for someone annoying who laughs at his own unfunniness.

I was right; I'm not funny enough.

My favorite part of the story: Fallon, who recently married producer Nancy Juvonen, is said to be thrilled and ready, if not a little scared, about taking Conan’s desk. He still has to pick a producer and a band, among other things. Do the "other things" include learning how to be funny and not laughing at his own unfunniness? Maybe he should start there.

[Editor's Note: Bondo actually isn't all that upset with NBC's choice. He's just over-reacting to the fact that Jimmy ruined a countless number of sketches on SNL back in the day with his fake laughing. Did I just use "back in the day"? Yes I did. Unfortunately, there isn't a better term to use in that situation. Back in the day will have to stay. Hey that rhymes!]

Labels: , |

0 comments: