Monday, April 07, 2008

Maybe I should say something funny next time

Is there anyone you come in contact with on a regular basis that you never see smile? There is for me. It's an older lady who works at the Dunkin Donuts by my house. I'm always extra pleasant with her with over-the-top niceness, the goal being that one day she'll crack a smile. Even a small one. So this morning I tried a little Brian-style wit (never a good thing). I had a coupon for 1 free coffee and 1 free donut. As I was checking out, our conversation went like this:

DD Lady: "Okay, your total is zero dollars and zero cents."
Brian: "Do you take Visa debit?"
DD Lady: [expressionless silence].
Brian: "That was a joke."
DD Lady: "Oh."
Brian: "Okay well have a good day."

[end scene]

Not so much as a smile. Oh well. But I'll get her. I know it. I'm busting out planned material next time.

Labels: , , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Well that put a smile on my face, good job!