Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Weekend Recap Random-style

- Jill and I had reservations at a spa yesterday, so we went with the couple’s massage. It was a first-ever massage for both of us and I’d like to think we both enjoyed it enough to where we’d entertain the idea of going back. Although sitting there in a darkened room with nothing on but a strange robe as weird music played in the background as we waited for our names to be called left me with a little bit of uneasy feeling. It certainly didn’t help matters when that door opened and creepy Slavic guy was standing there. Perhaps I’ve said too much again.

- Two times in my life I’ve spent over $100 on a pair of sunglasses. Neither of those pairs were fortunate enough to last beyond a couple months. All the cheap pairs I buy seem to last me for years. So if you ever hear me talking about going back to Sunglass Hut, you have my permission to punch me in the face. Or you can take $150 out of my wallet, light it on fire and crap on the ashes. However you’re feeling that day.

- Okay so this "prophet" is claiming that the end of the world is coming some time next month. I’m gonna go ahead and say that it isn’t. So let’s assume that some time in June or so, everything is cool with the world (relatively speaking). Would I be out of line to request that this guy starts calling me a prophet? I’d certainly be more of one than he would be, right? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

- I urge you to click on that link if you have a few seconds. It begs a few questions be asked of the cult members. Like if you know the end of the world was coming, why would you want to spend your last days in a cave? Go out and have some fun I say. Then again maybe their idea of fun is in fact to hang out in a cave. It could be cool I guess. It wouldn’t be my first choice. But I’ve never actually done it either, so maybe I’ll have to suspend judgment until I’ve spent a few weeks in one. I can say in all honesty though that it would immediately lose points if there were bats or rats involved. Or stalagmites. Or is it stalactites? The one's that come up through the ground. Apparently the only thing I know about caves is what I read in 3rd grade science.

- I hope you've tried out some of my April Fools pranks. It’s not too late, you still have time. Try to enjoy what’s left of it.

Labels: , |

0 comments: