Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Previously on 24

A new season of "24" starts in less than 2 weeks, and I couldn’t be more excited. Well I guess I could, but not about this. I’m not a big MNF guy unless the Bears are playing, so I’m pumped for finally having something to do on Monday nights again.

The thing I like best about "24" is how Jack Bauer can get himself out of any compromising situation just by dialing up someone on his palm pilot. It has to be the most connected palm pilot in the world. It’s like some kind of advanced form of moviefone for counter-terrorist agents.

If you need approval from the President of the United States to put a hit on a foreign diplomat, press 1 now. If you’re standing in front of a bank vault and you need Chloe to break its code so you can get in, press 2 now. If you’re hiding in some airport duct work while watching a group of fundamentalists hold the terminal hostage and you need the layout of the airport uploaded to your palm pilot so that you can move easily from room to room to thwart said fundamentalists, press 3 now. Sometimes I wish I had cell phone connections like Jack.

Meanwhile, I just called the helpdesk of my cell phone provider because they over-billed me $10 last month. I talked to 3 different people, but none of them could fix it.

Oh well, I guess I’ll leave the tough stuff to Jack.

Labels: , , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    It would be funny if on the other end of his palm pilot was Kramer as the movie phone guy...

    "Why don't you just tell me the name of the guy you would like assassinated..."

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I've never gotten into this show. Probably a good thing, I have too many shows to keep up with as it is. It sounds like Jack Bauer is the rich man's MacGyver.