Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A quick Idol recap

- I think it was quite the bad omen for the guy who dressed himself up like Apollo Creed. I guess nobody told him that he was dressed like Creed from the Ivan Drago fight where he died from severe head injuries.

- If Jewel wants to replace Paula, I’d have no problem with that. She didn’t really add anything as far as judges go, but she’s more fun to look at and I don’t think she’s insane.

- Anyone else notice that they were letting marginally talented singers on to the next round in Hollywood? My guess is it's because the judges were tired of saying no to everyone, but this does not bode well for future episodes where actual singing talent is necessary to carry the show.
- I can’t help but wonder if the girl who was brought to the audition with her boss and her boss’s wife watched the episode Tuesday night with the two of them present. Talk about awkward.

- I don’t think I’ve ever met a real crack baby. Or maybe I have, but I just didn’t know it. Either way, I’m rooting for the crack baby. Bonus points for her since her friend outside the audition room looked like Dave Chappelle when he plays an actual crack addict.

- Wouldn’t it have been easier to simply unlock the left door?

- The 19-year-old blond girl may have to fix her teeth if she expects America to vote for her down the road. I know that sounds shallow, but it’s going to be tough to listen to her when we can’t take our eyes off those two gaps.

- It was only a promo for Wednesday’s episode, but I already feel bad for the little guy with the crazy eyebrows and his chubby friend.

- My final grade for Tuesday night’s episode – C. Maybe the whole idea behind the early episodes is wearing thin, or maybe the judges have simply run out of humorous facial expressions for the people who suck. But I hope Minneapolis is not an indication of how the rest of the auditions will go.

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I was thinking the same thing about that door. Maybe it was too much fun to watch the contestants try to go through it. I imagine it can get rather boring.

    My favorite contestant was the girl that tried to sing the Prince song. I can't believe they let her go on and on. I think she had a conversation with the voices in her head. Talk about a train wreck!!