Monday, January 15, 2007

Final follow-up thoughts from a terrific Sunday for television

- I don’t know who I was more excited to see, that guy from "Harold and Kumar", that guy from "Syriana", that woman from "Jerry Maguire", or that guy from "Good Will Hunting". This year’s choices for cameos was much better than last year’s with that guy from "Rudy".

- I wish Robbie Gould would drop the "u" from his last name so that Terry Bradshaw would pronounce it correctly.

- "24" started at 7pm, but the busted Patriots took until 7:30 to beat the Chargers. Sometimes Tivo pays for itself.

- Is there anyone outside of Boston that likes the Patriots? I was almost rooting for them to lose as much as I was rooting for the Bears to win. Okay, not exactly, but you get my point.

- If Ladainian Tomlinson would have punched someone at midfield after that game, resulting in a full-blown brawl, that would have been the greatest save on my Tivo of all time. And if it would have involved LT’s fist and Tom Brady’s face, I would have worn out the rewind button on my remote.

- Perhaps I need to get over my hatred for the Patriots.

- Watching "24" on delay is much better than watching it live. I get nervous when I fast-forward through the commercials and almost catch up.

- If you’re arrested for multiple weapons charges on multiple occasions, then your best friend is killed at a nightclub two days later and you’re a huge source of embarrassment to your team and everyone hates you, all you need to do is come up with a key sack at the end of regulation of a playoff game and all is forgiven.

- I don’t think I could ever be cold enough to where my face would get as red as Mike Holmgren’s was yesterday.

- I liked Chloe’s makeover, but her voice still makes me cringe.

- People always make fun of kickers and teams never use a high draft choice on a good one, but I never understood why. They’re always the team’s leading scorer, and there isn’t a worse feeling as a fan than knowing the team you root for has a bad one.

- I guess what I’m saying is "thank goodness for Robbie Gold". Oh, my bad, I mean Robbie Gould.

Labels: , , , |

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Yes there is someone outside of Boston that loves the Patriots.

    Who is Chloe?

  2. Eric Says:

    your hatred of the patriots may stem from several sources:

    1. the embarrassment they laid on the bears this season

    2. the fact that, unlike the bears, they have a quarterback

    3. the fact that their defense actually lives up to the hype (limiting the chargers to 21 points in SD is a hell of a lot more impressive than allowing 24 points to the seahawks at home)

    but these are just guesses.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I like what this Eric guy has to say.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    I hated the Patriots before the "embarrassment" they laid on the Bears.

    I wish bad things on Bill Belichick, that's where it stems from.

    But you were close.