Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Now I know how Elaine Benes felt

Last night, I went to get my haircut, but my regular place had closed by the time I arrived. Luckily, there’s an Asian beauty shop in that same strip mall and it was open, so I went in.

Right off the bat, I realized this beauty shop is a little bit different. Usually when guys get a professional haircut, it’s a quick trim and then we’re gone. We’re in and we’re out before you know it. But here, they wash your hair before they cut it, then they wash it again afterwards. Fair enough.

So anyway, as the girl was washing my hair, she would lean over me, but she kept getting way too close. I’m sure you can figure out where I’m going with this. Yes, every time she leaned over, BAM, right in my face. I didn’t know what to do. I turned my head to the side, didn’t help. I turned my head to the other side, same thing. To make matters worse, when she was done, her shirt was wet and soapy right in that spot from the water and shampoo that was on my face. Yeah, I know. The whole time she cut my hair.

To say it was awkward afterwards is quite the understatement, but she didn’t help any because as soon as she noticed it, she started talking to one of the other stylists in her native tongue. I just know she was saying something like "did you see what this guy did to my boob?"

You can bet this is the last time I’ll ever go to that Asian beauty shop.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Guess you can call it one of the 'perks' of getting your haircut at the Asian beaty shop.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Interestingly enough, www.urbandictionary.com has "nips" as a derogatory term used for people of Japanese descent. Maybe this is the reason why...