Friday, January 05, 2007

One Thumb Up

I could never be a movie critic. Not that a job like that has ever been offered to me, and certainly not that I wouldn’t take it if it was. But I could never be one because I wouldn’t be good at it. I like too much crap. I came to this conclusion when reading a review of "Old School" by Roger Ebert. Roger, of course, couldn’t recommend it, but if you would have asked me, I would have.

His reasons for not recommending a movie to his readers are usually legitimate. Poor character development, poor acting, poor direction, poor script. And I usually agree with him. But the problem for me is that oftentimes, I’ll enjoy the movie anyway. For a real critic, it takes a good movie to be entertained. For me, sometimes all it takes is 90 minutes of cheap laughs.

Labels: , |

0 comments: