Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's a blog eat blog world and I'm wearing Bloglet underwear

I've read that a good way to keep your cat off the furniture or counter tops is to spray them in the face with a water bottle. I'm not sure if that works on cats, but it seems to be helping keep people out of my cubicle.

I think we need to retire the phrase "everyone and their mother". The only time that expression ever really works is in response to the question, "Who's going to be at the mother-son picnic?"

What do you take if you break out in hives from taking Benadryl?

Nobody names their dog "Spot" anymore. Spot is like the dog version of Wally.

I was watching C-SPAN and I noticed that Congress still uses "aye" and "nay" instead of just using the common English words, "yes" and "no". I don't really have a joke here, but I do think it's just another example of how Congress is stupid.

When I die, I want to be cremated and put in an urn with a bunch of springy snakes.

5 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    While recently spending lots of time with co-workers on a business trip, and realizing they constantly use THE most annoying phrases, I would like to get rid of the following:

    "The fact of the matter is..."

    and

    "In truth..."

    and

    "I think Jane can handle that."

    Ok, I guess the last one shouldn't count, but it's really annoying.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I would like to add the following:

    "Going forward......"

    and

    "Hi, who joined?"

    and

    "At the end of the day......."

    This should be its own blog

  3. Anonymous Says:

    the water bottle thing definitely works on cats. i don't even have to spray them any more... i just hold up the bottle and they run away. :)

  4. Anonymous Says:

    My friend is allergic to Red 40 dye. She used to get hives all the time and take benadryl for them, which just made it worse! finally they figured it out. I think the only thing that gives her hives is the dye, so she doesn't have to worry about it. haha.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Spraying my cat in the face never worked. He loved it. I've resorted to lighting his fur on fire. It seems to work, but the smell of burnt hair is annoying.