Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Twilight Zone meets Survivor

One of these days I'm going to watch the pilot episode of a new show and then continue watching it until it ends. Ever since the days of Seinfeld, when I didn't start watching until around Season 3 or 4 and then immediately became hooked, I've been a late arrival to hit shows. It started with Seinfeld, happened again with The Sopranos and 24, and now it continues with Lost. It's like I hear people talk about it around the 3rd or 4th season and feel left out of the conversation, then I'll spend a few weeks catching up to what I missed by running through the DVD's.

Last Friday Jill and I started watching Lost's first season. We flew through the first 10 episodes in a weekend (and it wasn't like we spent 2 full days inside, we actually got other stuff done). The first 2 seasons span 13 DVD's and in 5 evenings we've managed to go through 4 of them. I'd say we're hooked. I'll let you know how it turns out.

If any of you are a fan, feel free to comment on your thoughts of the show. Please don't give away plot points from Season 2 or 3 though. Hopefully I'll be there in a couple weeks.

Labels: , , |

5 comments:

  1. Megan Says: This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Megan Says:

    Had to delete my other comment. It was riddled with more grammatical errors than this one.

    I love that show. I just started watching last fall. Rented the first two seasons last summer. Is that right? I forget what season we are on now.

    I won't give anything away, but I hope after you catch up and see all the episodes, that you will agree with me; having another 2 more seasons is too much.

    I wish we were more like the British and ended shows on a high note, and when appropriate. I hate when good shows drag on until they are boring and irrelevant.

  3. Tricia Says:

    In case you're interested, there's a guy who keeps a blog as he watches Lost. Over the summer hiatus, he's watching the DVD's, starting with season 1, blogging as he goes. He's got quite a following. Thought you might like to check it out.

    The Lost Diary

    Be careful as you search for the start of his Season 1 review to make sure you don't accidentally read any spoilers!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Jane, don't worry about the grammatical errors. Critiques of grammar are reserved for MJ only :) I miss MJ.

    Thanks Tricia, I'll check it out. Hopefully my newfound interest in Lost won't overwhelm everyone the way my newfound interest in Star Wars did a few months ago.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    My boyfriend and I watched all 3 seasons of Lost in 3 weeks. We finished about a week ago and I am still having nightmares and feel like i'm too obsessed. It's amazing. Wait until you're finished with it all -- then you can talk to people about it, but still, probably no one knows the answers. : )