Thursday, June 07, 2007

Spelling bee, MTV, and other Randoms

I can still recite the entire McDonald's menu song. I'm pretty sure Greg can too and that song is like 20 years old. Is this a skill that we can use somewhere? Can we put this on our résumé's?

Do you think William Ockham had a complex theory on why "Occam's razor" was spelled like that? If so, that'd be kind of ironic.

I admit that last random will be humorous to maybe 4 people in the whole world. But I'm one of them, so I don't care.

I taped the MTV Movie Awards from Sunday night and watched it yesterday. And yes, I am 28 years old. In fairness to me, I think I laughed exactly zero times.

By the way, was Paris Hilton surprised that Sarah Silverman picked on her during the monologue? If I was Paris, I would have been more surprised if my name wasn't mentioned.

Why am I always the only one in my neighborhood who never knows when yard waste day is? Is there an email distribution list somewhere that I've been left off of?

When I read stories like this one, I immediately think of the Farrelly brothers and wonder why this scene hasn't made its way to one of their movies yet. Is it just me, or do stories like these only come from Michigan?

I think it's unfair when an Indian kid makes it to the finals of the spelling bee. All his life he's been able to practice by having to spell his own name.

That previous Random was endorsed by an Indian co-worker of mine. So I think I'm in the clear.

And finally, in case you forgot, Big Mac, McDLT, a Quarter-Pounder with some cheese, Fillet of Fish, a hamburger, a cheeseburger, a Happy Meal, McNuggets, Tasty golden french fries, Regular or Larger Size, a Salad (chef or garden or a chicken salad oriental), Big Big Breakfast, Egg McMuffin, Hot hot cakes and sausage, Maybe Biscuits, Bacon Egg and Cheese, a sausage, Danish, Hashbrowns too, and for desert hot apple pies, and sundaes (three varieties), a soft-serve cone, three kinds of shakes, and chocolatey chip cookies, and to drink a Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, an orange drink, Sprite, a coffee, decaf too, lowfat milk, and orange juice. I love McDonald's good time, great taste, and I get this all at one place.

Labels: , |

0 comments: