Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Billing Hell

Back in April, I traded in one Chrysler vehicle for a different Chrysler vehicle. Both are/were financed through Chrysler Financial, but the new policy has been completely jacked since I signed the paperwork. At the end of May, I received my first bill that showed a due date of June 7th. I made the payment on June 1st, and the payment cleared 2 days later. On June 6th, I received another bill in the mail that showed a due date of June 7th again. It looked like an exact duplicate of the bill I had received at the end of May. So I filed it away and ignored it, chalking it up to a simple mistake by the biller. Yesterday I received yet another bill, again showing a due date of June 7th (received by me on the 11th). That’s three bills now that have looked exactly the same, each sent within about a week of each other. This can’t be good.

My question - Is it possible to make a change to a policy (regardless of the company) without screwing up the billing somehow? It seems like for at least three months afterwards, you’re going to be getting bills every couple days that don’t make any sense. You’ll be standing by your mailbox thinking things like "wait a second, didn’t I just pay this?" or "how can they send me a bill today for something that was due 4 days ago?"

I can’t wait to see what my Allstate bill has in store for me.

Labels: , |

0 comments: