Monday, June 25, 2007

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Randoms

- I'd like Starbursts a lot more if they weren't individually wrapped. That just pisses me off.

- I have reached the point in my life where my happiness is directly affected by the price of gasoline.

- What's with those Japanese girls who always show up with Gwen Stefani? Is there a reason they’re always around? Did I miss the People Magazine article that explained it?

- I have reached the point in my life where my happiness is directly affected by how many Dove ice cream bars are left in the freezer.

- Why do all the good sports surgeons reside in Los Angeles? Can they charge more out there? Are there tax breaks? What’s the deal?

- I have reached the point in my life where my happiness is directly affected by whether or not the garbage man takes all our garbage. Then after he does, I always feel like I got away with something. I'm not sure why; it's not like I'm sticking old tires or car batteries in there.

- I've never seen a urinal installed at someone's house. It seems to me like that concept should have crossed over at least once or twice. Maybe at a frat house or something, but no.

- I think "LOL" is a big lie. Sure the IM or email may have been funny enough to make you smile a little bit, but were you really laughing out loud?

- Is it 'affected' or 'effected'? I think I've been using the right one, but that's one of those that always confuses me.

- I would never leave my car in a random parking lot with the windows rolled down. But over the weekend I learned that I have no problems leaving it in a random parking lot with the top down. Seems kind of strange.

- I have reached the point in my life where my happiness is directly affected by how my plants are doing.

- It's either 'take me out TO the crowd' or 'take me out WITH the crowd'. Can we all agree on one or the other and stick with it?

- I'm fresh out of Dove bars, but gas prices are on their way down (relatively speaking), the garbage man took all our garbage, and my plants are doing great. Life is good.

Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    - Is it 'affected' or 'effected'?

    It's Affected when used as a verb (remember A=Action)

    It's effected when used as a noun (remember when you want the desired effect)

    Also, did you know the part of Take Me Out to the Ballgame that we sing as baseball games is actually just the chorus of a much larger song? It has many more verses and is about a girl singing it to her beau about how she doesn't want to go to the movies or a fancy dinner, she just wants to go to a ballgame. :)

  2. Megan Says:

    I think you could safely replace the words "I have reached the point in my life" with "You know you are old when..."

    As for the effected and affected, it's both. It depends how you are using it. Read the detailed comment above. :)

    And yes, you missed the articles about the Japanese girls in Gwen's videos.

  3. Barbara Burrell Says:

    I've seen a urinal in a house on realestateone.com's website. It was located in Ypsilanti,MI somewhere. It was in the finished basement actually! First I've ever seen that's for sure.