Friday, June 29, 2007

Ridiculous hair, Kevin Durant's mom, and other FAN-Tastic moments

The NBA Draft was last night. I wasn't going to mention it, but then my Bulls selected Joakim Noah (pictured right) and his ridiculous hair and I didn't want to pass up the chance to use the 'ridiculous afro' label again. So here were my favorite moments from the 2007 NBA Draft - an annual event that never seems to disappoint in the comedy department:

My favorite moment: A camera shot of Kevin Durant's mom cleaning something off of his face with her thumb followed by Kevin realizing the camera is focusing on the two of them followed by him pointing this out to his mom followed by his mom turning around and looking straight into the camera with a horrified look on her face. It was too perfect. And yes, Kevin Durant is now a 19-year-old multi-multi-multi-millionaire.

My 2nd favorite moment of the draft last night? Picturing the following conversation between Michael Jordan and his assistant:
His assistant: "Michael, it's our turn to pick."
Michael: "Pick what?"
His assistant: "We're on the clock, we need to pick a player in the draft."
Michael: "Oh, that's tonight? I totally forgot. Just take the North Carolina kid."
His Assistant: "Which North Carolina kid?"
Michael: "I don't know, any of them. Jeez, do I have to do everything around here?"

My 3rd favorite moment of the draft: my Bulls selecting JamesOn Curry in the 2nd round. YES! If you're not familiar with JamesOn Curry, he inspired the following quote from Sam Smith in Thursday's edition of the Chicago Tribune: "If Oklahoma State guard JamesOn Curry is available [in the 2nd round], the Bulls will draft him. They brought him to Chicago and liked how he talked about lessons learned from his high school arrest for selling marijuana." Oh yes, you gotta get that guy. I always wanted to be a Knick, but then I got high, Oooooooo, I thought I'd be a 1st round pick, but then I got high, ba dah dah dah dah dah.

The NBA - It's FAN-Tastic!

Labels: , , |

0 comments: