Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What would YOU do?

This morning I got coffee for a co-worker of mine (Alex) and myself. Alex takes his with cream and sugar, I take mine with just cream. I made it a point to partially open the lid of mine just a little bit so that I could differentiate between the two as I made my way back to our desks. After all, he hates coffee without sugar and I hate coffee with it.

So I handed Alex his coffee, he took a sip, and said "no sugar huh?"

"It doesn't have it?" I asked. "That's not good. Let me try mine."

Uh oh. Mine has sugar. How the hell did that happen? I must have partially opened the lid on his by mistake.

"What do we do?" I asked. "Do we switch back?"

"I don't know," said Alex.

Tell me, what would YOU do? Can coffee be switched back? Can I get a ruling on this?

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Switch coffees back, keeping the lids you already used.

    Next time, let's discuss peace in the Middle East. :)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    If you're sleeping with him, then it's ok to switch back. If not, then dump to coffee and get new cups. And take him with you so you can give him the coffee after it's poured and sweetened.

  3. Eric Says:

    just so i'm clear, is this a homophobic thing, like "i couldn't possibly drink from a cup that another man just drank from"? because if it is...uh...that seems like a tough way to go through life. i'm just sayin'.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah, there's a little bit of that, and a fear of jerms as well. And yes, it's a tough way to go through life. But if you were a regular reader of this blog and its tongue-in-cheek nature, you'd probably know that already. I'm just sayin'

  5. Anonymous Says:

    And Eric, it's Wednesday. More reason to fear drinking from another man's cup.

  6. Greg Says:

    Jerms?

  7. Anonymous Says:

    Yu busting me on a speling misteak? I always get that one wrong.

  8. Erin Says:

    Not wanting to drink from another man's cup (or generally being grossed out by anything slighyly intimate with another man) isn't homophobic...
    hating or being discriminatory against actual gay people is.

    There is nothing wrong with a man being grossed out by the idea of another man. To each his own.

    I would have switched lids -- it is the tail end of cold and flu season, especially since global warming can't decide if it's here to stay or not.