Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An obligatory Sopranos mention

Now that we are three episodes into the final season of The Soprano’s, I thought I’d share a few of my thoughts on what I think is happening. Of course I have no insider information, no access to the inner-workings of this particular show, but I do like making outlandish predictions. That way if they turn out right, I can brag afterwards that I saw it coming. And if I get them wrong, you can bet there’s no way I’ll mention this ever again. So here goes:

1. I think the FBI has gotten to Paulie. If you noticed, he was going out of his way to reminisce about their past. Tony made it seem like reminiscing is something that Paulie does all the time, like a character flaw almost. I had never noticed it before, but Paulie got Tony to talk out loud about some of the crimes they’ve committed in the past, so my feeling here is that Paulie was wired the whole time. Hmmmm. I hope not. I like Paulie.

2. This one is kind of obvious, but I think Bobby Bacala is about to be arrested for killing that guy at the laundromat.

3. Not so obvious is the fallout from that arrest. You think Janice will take it lightly that her husband is in prison and no longer earning? Who do you think she will take it out on? My guess is either Carmela, with whom she fought with by the lake in the season premier, or Tony, with whom she has had a dysfunctional relationship with since they were kids. Could Janice actually kill her brother? I think so.

Things I’m still working on figuring out: Christopher and his movie. Tony seems genuinely disinterested with it, so I’m not sure how this will play out. I never really liked Christopher anyway, so if he leaves NJ for Hollywood, I’d have no problem with that. My guess is it’s about to blow up in his face though. Christopher’s always been kind of an idiot. Also, I’m not sure what’s going to happen with Uncle Junior. He just got his arse kicked by that crazy guy we just met, so I guess there’s two possible scenarios. Either he retaliates and starts having people killed, or he cowers in his room for a couple episodes and dies. If I had to wager a guess, I’d go with the first option. Stay tuned.

Labels: , , |

1 comments:

  1. Robster Says:

    Hey mate just wondering if you can make a template for my site, simple like yours.