Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We're all doomed: Father of the Year Edition

Meet Ricky Lackey. Recently convicted of defrauding U.S. Bank out of $3,975 by depositing empty envelopes into ATM machines, claiming they contained cash, and depositing bad checks before withdrawing cash on the falsely inflated balances, Lackey was asked at his sentencing how many children he had.

"None," Ricky replied. "But I have six on the way."

Confused by his answer, Judge Melba Marsh asked for clarification. "Are you marrying a woman with six children?" she asked.

And his reply is the best part. "I be concubining!" replied Lackey.

(pause for effect)

I be concubining. Breathe that in. Try saying it out loud. I be concubining.

Simply remarkable.

This has been the "We're all doomed!" for Wednesday, April 18th, 2007.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Disregarding the bad grammar for a moment, I am very curious to know what exactly he believes "concubining" to be.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    My hope is that he knows exactly what it means and he was being completely serious.