Thursday, April 26, 2007

Geico, unicorns, and other Randoms

- If you really think about it, the person who created the unicorn wasn’t very creative. It’s a friggin horse with a horn. If I would have done the same thing to a cow, they would have put me in the slow class.

- I think deep-dish pizza sucks. Is this kind of like a guy from Detroit hating Chevy?

- Whenever I get nervous that the Bulls are about to give up their lead against the Heat, Pat Riley puts Antoine Walker back in the game and I feel better again.

- Do you think the guy who originally came up with the 'why don’t they make the entire plane out of that stuff' joke is pissed that people keep using it or do you think he’s flattered?

- A necktie serves no purpose whatsoever.

- Do real bombs have digital timers on them like in the movies that count down until it explodes? It seems to me that this is a feature that kind of hurts the cause.

- Then again, what if it had a timer but it was off by a couple minutes. Imagine the bomb-squad’s surprise if they still thought they had some time. "Hurry up Dave, we only have two more"……[ka-boom!]

- Wouldn’t a commercial of the Geico caveman starting a campfire and roasting the Aflac duck be a no-brainer? Or is that too graphic?

- Why do they put 'fun size' on the wrapper of a mini-Snickers bar? The truly fun size is the giant one the size of my hand, not the little one the size of my pinky.

- It was impossible to write that last one without it sounding dirty. Believe me I tried.

- When I got home yesterday, Jill was watching a show on MTV called "Engaged and Underage". After two minutes of watching with her, I asked if we really had to continue watching this crap. After ten minutes, I yelled at her when she tried turning the channel. This show is such a trainwreck, but in a fabulous way. Check it out if you haven’t yet.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I agree with your Snickers theory. Who is the a$$ who simply couln't eat all of a regular size snickers? Putting this positive description on the wrapper doesn't fool us. Just because it was called Saved by the Bell-The New Class doesn't mean it gave us the same joy as the original.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    To be fair though, it did give Screech and Mr. Belding steady income for another 3 to 4 years. So it had its positives. But they had to know going in that Tommy D'Luca was no Zack Morris.