Monday, April 02, 2007

Chicago baseball is back!!!!!

Cubs
Ace pitcher Carlos Zambrano throws hissy fit in dugout, argues with umpire, Cubs losing 5-1. Manager Lou Piniella brings in reliever Neal Cotts to presumably throw in the towel on Opening Day.

I'm reminded of a scene in Major League:
Lou Piniella: "Give me Cotts."
Michael Barrett: "You mean Neal Cotts?"
Lou Piniella: "I know he hasn't done much in 2 years, but I got a hunch he's due."

Sox
Ace pitcher Jose Contreras pitches 1 inning, gives up 7 ER on 8 hits, Sox losing 11-3. Manager Ozzie Guillen brings in rookie reliever Nick Masset to presumably throw in the towel on Opening Day.

I'm reminded of a scene in Major League 2:
Doorman: "Hey Mr. Contreras, I thought you were starting today."
Jose Contreras: "Si, I did."
Doorman: "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't turn it on until the 2nd inning."

Of course these games are still going on as I type this, but is it too late to take a mulligan on the season so far?

Labels: , , , |

0 comments: