Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Whole Lotto Fun

I'm not one that usually buys Lotto tickets, but now that the MegaMillions grand prize is up to $355 million, I keep getting invited to participate in group purchases. I realize the odds of winning are ridiculously small, but I can't help but think of how pissed I'd be if I declined to participate and that group actually ended up winning. Especially if it's one of the groups from work. Do I really want to be the only sucker that has to come back into the office tomorrow while everyone else is celebrating and quitting their jobs? No, I don't. So I always end up reluctantly pitching in $5 or so. In other words, twice a week, I take a $5 bill from my wallet and light it on fire (figuratively speaking).

I guess what I'm saying is that I can't wait for someone to actually win this thing so the total will roll over and I can get on with my life again.

Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    OMG, I'm going through the same thing at work. Bought in for 5 dollars twice last week, and then again today. I know there's no way we are going to win, but if I didn't buy in and they won, I would feel like the biggest idiot! Would someone out there please win!?!?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Fine...if it will help you out, then I'll win. Just give me a minute to pick the right numbers. I almost have them.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'll be honest, I had mixed feelings when I found out there was a winner (and it wasn't me of course). I'm glad this is over, but a potential $400 million jackpot would have been pretty cool.