Friday, March 30, 2007

End of Month Random's

- I think we’re all better off that the name ‘Ulysses’ never really caught on.

- Why are Opening Day’s in MLB always sold out? The game itself means nothing and it’s always so cold outside.

- I suppose that outsourcing our work to India has it’s Pro’s and Khan’s.

- It’s pretty sad that the previous random made my final cut. I hope that doesn’t mean I have to retire this idea soon.

- Is it really that big a shock that Chinese Food is bad for you? It tastes good, it’s convenient, and it’s prepared in under 30 seconds. Gee, what were the odds?

- Do you think Meijer wants to be Costco when he grows up?

- Everyone loves an upset, but you have to admit, the Final Four looks a lot better when there’s good teams involved.

- Jill and I are going camping this weekend. Her idea of "roughing it" is going to a hotel that uses real keys, and this weekend’s weather forecast calls for lows in the 40’s. This should be fun.

- I may have to call shenanigans on this whole Weight Watchers system. I’m allowed 31 points, but does that mean I can fill up on 31 points worth of candy all day? Something tells me that wouldn’t be healthy either.

- A guy I work with has the sniffles and I just noticed it. My day is ruined.

- Was ‘Never Eat Soggy Wheat’ the best we could come up with?

- Ten or fifteen years ago, did you think Best Buy would eventually dominate the electronics market over Circuit City? That’s a pretty big upset, no?

- These television networks really have to stop putting all their best shows on Thursday night. My Tivo can’t keep up.

- It’s probably a good rule of thumb to never purchase insurance from a guy who asks to be referred to by his nickname.

- Old Guy stopped by yesterday to talk about PermaSeal, and I noticed he went out of his way to not say my name. Even as he was leaving, he said 'I'll talk to you later' rather than his usual 'See you later Mike'. He mentioned that he had PermaSeal come out to work on his basement after they were finished with mine. I just hope they didn't tip him off. I feel horribly about this. I'll keep you all posted.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I just think Old Guy finally got a computer, created a profile on MySpace, ran across the Happy Street profile on MySpace, linked over to blogspot from there, and saw that everyone was making fun of him. Poor Old Guy...

  2. Anonymous Says:

    You know what, I hadn't thought of that. And you're probably right. Just last week I saw him on his front porch updating his Blackberry. I'm such an idiot. If I get an IM from UpsetOldGuy29, I may have to move.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    What is never eat soggy wheat?

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Never Eat Soggy Wheat was a tool our teachers gave us to remember North East South West.

    Although in my opinion, North East South West would have been considerably easier to remember.

  5. JohnB Says:

    You never used Naughty Elephants Squirt Water?

  6. Anonymous Says:

    Thought it was "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" or "Never Eat Soggy Waffles"

    Good advice, either way.