Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The medical community confirms what we've already known for years

So I was at the physical therapist last night as I continue my treatment for back and neck pain. I've been going for 3 weeks now and frankly I don't feel all that much better but I'm sticking with it for the time being.

They usually start me off with 15 minutes or so of electro therapy followed by 20-30 minutes of massage therapy. After which, the head therapist will come in and check my alignment. She's been checking my pelvis which apparently was out of alignment causing the pain in my lower back.

Yesterday, after the massage therapist worked on my back, therapist #2 came into the room and had me lay on my back to examine my pelvis (I was fully clothed, mind you). After doing whatever she does to measure my hips she stood back and said, "Well that's about as perfect as I've ever seen." I'm not kidding. That's what she said.

I couldn't help myself. I laughed out loud. I mean it's not every day that a guy has a trained medical professional examine his pelvic region and proclaim perfection. But I guess after I laughed, she realized what she said and got embarrassed because she quickly excused herself from the room. Poor girl. I should have told her not to be embarrassed for telling me what I already knew.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Ohhhhhh...is that why they were in the office today replacing all the doors? They were putting in wider ones to accommodate your head?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm sure getting validation is a big confidence booster. I can only imagine you looking at your pelvis everyday, admiring its perfection just HOPING someone else would acknowledge it.

    I'm glad therapist #2 could finally do that for you.