Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Enjoy your flight. Yeah, you too!

Last night I had a Brian Regan moment. I was finishing up a purchase at a store and I was at the checkout counter just about ready to leave. Expecting the checkout girl to say something to me like 'have a nice evening' or something, I had my clichéd response of 'you too' all ready to go. But she threw me a curveball and instead said 'do you want your receipt?' Now I’ll admit that I was only partially paying attention to her. I was in my own little world, making sure my money was in order in my wallet or perhaps I was thinking about where I parked the car. Regardless, I didn’t answer her question. Instead, I responded with 'you too' and walked away.

Ugh.

I got all the way to the door before that little alarm in my head went off, you know the one that says 'hey moron, you just made a fool of us.' So I turned back around and the girl was still staring back at me with my receipt in her hand.

"I’m sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

"Do you want this?" she said, holding up my receipt.

"Oh. Yes I do, thank you very much," I said as I grabbed it.

"Okay, well have a nice evening," she said.

"Yeah, you too."

0 comments: