Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The following takes place nowhere on earth and is completely far-fetched

24 SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Okay, so Monday night, President Palmer is in a coma and is on the brink of death. That hospital machine that television shows and movies use to imply that a patient is about to die is working overtime with that loud, flat beeping noise, so things are looking bleak for good ole' Mr. Prez. Cut to thirteen miraculous minutes later. A screen shot of a seemingly well-rested Palmer talking on a cell phone, calling the shots again. What exactly happened in those 13 minutes?!?!?!?!

In the time it takes for me to make a frozen pizza, President Palmer managed to stop his hospital machine straight-line, snap out of his coma, gather himself enough to realize that his VP is launching an attack on a foreign country (a nameless foreign country I might add, at least as far as I can tell), knows which battleship to call to "cancel" his VP's Hitler-esque order, knows the phone number for that battleship (can you call 411 for this? Uh, hello, Battleship? It's me, the President), makes his call and somehow saves the day just in the nick of time. Oh, and it appears that he feels fine now, minus that scratch on his face that he's covering up with that stylish white bandaid.

I know I've asked this a few times already this season, but can somebody please tell me if the writers have simply given up? I'll accept that excuse. They had a good run. I'd be out of ideas too.

Labels: , , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I hope yesterday's line where you said "so, the wife's got you cooking now?" isn't related to today's line where you said "In the time it takes for me to make a frozen pizza..."

  2. Anonymous Says:

    My bad.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I don't appreciate it when the reader comments are funnier and more clever than the original post. Oh wait, yes I do. Keep it up Folks!