Thursday, January 03, 2008

Paperweights, canadian bacon, and other Randoms

- I went to grade school with a kid named Derek Brown AND Derek Pink. What were the odds on that?

- I wonder how much it costs to make a pay phone call. Do you think it’s a dollar yet? Are there even pay phones anymore?

- Why would I spend $30 for an extended warranty on something that only costs $200? By the time it breaks, I’ll probably want a new one anyway.

- Changing your oil is one of those things that probably cost as much money doing it yourself as it does by having a professional do it. Same goes for resealing your driveway. I wish I could say the same for mowing the lawn.

- Canadian bacon sucks. Ours is better.

- I don’t know a single person who prefers Jay Leno to David Letterman, and yet Jay out-draws Dave in terms of viewership by over a million people every night. Is there a good explanation for this?

- It can’t be a good sign that I was at Wal-Mart the other day and one of the other customers approached me and asked for help because he thought I worked there.

- A paperweight is a dumb idea. Unless it can double as a computer keyboard. Or a phone receiver. Or a coffee mug.

- What would have happened if Bill Murray would have stayed up all night in "Groundhog Day"? I think they glossed over that possibility a little too lightly.

And on that note, please remember, for all those who take up the sword perish by the sword. Unless of course you're really good at swords.

Labels: , |

4 comments:

  1. Chris Marx Says:

    Isnt the Gordie quote from SNL? Dana Carvey maybe?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    My guess was Stand By Me. But I think everything is related to that movie, so who knows...

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Correct with Dana Carvey. Incorrect with SNL. It was from one of his standup acts. You're the winner of today's Useless Knowledge Award, an award that comes with no prize nor esteem, and despite the fact that you weren't even 100% correct. So congratulations.

    Correction: it comes with a little bit of esteem. From Greg and me. Well at least me. And probably Greg.

  4. Jerms Says:

    the groundhog day thing is going to have me awestruck all day. good work.

    ps: the word verifications to leave comments these days are getting excessively long. mine is okbxixium. i think... nope. typed it wrong. now its lurvpbn. much easier.