Monday, January 21, 2008

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Normally I reserve this space to send you mildly entertaining Youtube clips. Or to fill you in on my weekend or what uninteresting thing happened to me at work. However, this time I am going to attempt to solicit money from you (albeit for a worthy cause). My sister Melissa is doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this spring in Chicago. Participation in this walk requires that she raise at least $1800 by May, of which she's already about 1/4 there. I realize that seems like a lot of money, but this will be the 3rd year in a row that she'll be doing this walk, and the last two years she's had no trouble getting there. So any amount you can spare would be much appreciated by my sister, as well as anyone who has ever had or known someone who has had breast cancer.

To make a donation in her name, click here. For more info about the Avon walk itself (what it's for, where the money goes, what the org is all about, etc.) click here.

Thanks,
Brian

Labels: , , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I am not donating to someone I dont know but thanks for the link

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Must resist urge to feed potentially inadvertent troll...