Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Wrong Stuff

Because it's been requested, I give you this. I will respect the requester's wishes to remain anonymous. And because I was not able to find that without discovering this, I give you both.

Related side note: tell me you don't hear some Beatles influence in the 2nd one. I realize how blasphemous that is, but I swear I can hear it. I'm not talking about early 60's "Ed Sullivan" Beatles. I'm talking about late 60's "Abbey Road" Beatles with the out-of-nowhere and fragmented tempo changes and such.

I'm probably going to regret just about every word of this post. Including the horribly lame title.

Labels: , |

5 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    I was ready to give you crap for comparing that second song to a Beatles tune...before I listened to it. You're right, there is a Beatles-esque quality to it. I did a quick search and found a couple of links making the same judgement. Funny that I don't remember that song when I was a New Kids fan back in the day.

  2. Megan Says:

    I forgot to mention...totally lame title!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I inspired Jane to do a quick search on the New Kids. My work here is done.

  4. Megan Says:

    It's not something I'm proud of.

  5. Erin Says:

    I totally agree with the Beatles comparison, too. With some better lyrics and actual instruments in the background background would definitely fit into their line up.