Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mark Walberg is Satan

Tell me you all watched that trainwreck "The Moment of Truth" last night. This woman was on there and admitted in front of her husband of 2 years, her parents, and her siblings that she was still in love with her ex-boyfriend on her wedding day. Then she admitted that if her ex-boyfriend were to ask her to get back together, she’d dump her husband right then and there. Finally she admitted that she had cheated on her husband since they’ve been married. All of this of course was a shock to the poor schmo of a husband who was sitting there with a "holy sh## my life is over, why would she bring me here and sit me down next to her mom and dad on national television and admit all this in front of the whole world" look on his face.

Here’s the part I don’t get. The show acknowledges that these people are asked a series of questions before the taping (I think they said 50) while hooked up to a lie detector. This means THAT THEY KNOW WHAT’S COMING, at least to some degree. This woman obviously had quite a few things to hide from her family and husband. So why in the hell would she still go on the show?

I see only two possible reasons:
1. She wanted her husband to find out. Of course this means that this woman is a huge "B" because it would be a lot easier on the poor schmo to tell him his life is over in the privacy of his own home rather than airing it out in front of 10 million people.
2. This is all an elaborate setup by the show’s producers, and none of the contestants are real.

Either way, I feel dirty after watching it. And this marks the 2nd time I’ve mentioned it since it first aired. I'm not sure what any of this means, but after this and Temptation Island, I think Mark Walberg may be Satan.

Labels: , , |

6 comments:

  1. Molly Says:

    And the most awesome part (and by awesome, I mean "Oh my God, I can't watch!!") was that when the question came up "Do you think you're a good person?" and she answered "Yes, I think I'm a good person." it came up as FALSE. And then when asked by Mark what she thought of that, she said "I don't know, I think I'm a good person." Does she really know what a lie detector test is? Because it came up false doesn't mean that she's not a good person - it means that SHE doesn't think she's a good person. And she lost all that money. And her husband. And her mom, for keeping secrets about her dad from her. Priceless!!

    Or at least that's what I heard happened on that show...I don't watch trashy TV shows like that...

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I know, how about that? Don't you think it would be a good idea to have a "where are they now?"-type show with some of these contestants? Wouldn't you watch a followup episode that shows what happened to these people for the next few weeks afterwards? I would. But I'm also a bad person.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'd think the 50 pre-show questions are just to get a baseline read on the machine. They could be things like "What is your name?" "What year is it?" etc.

  4. Megan Says:

    I'm glad you posted this. It made me remember me why I decided to never watch the show again.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Jane, I may have to call shenanigans. Admit it. You know you want to.

  6. Megan Says:

    Ok, you're half right. The part of me that can't help but read crappy gossip blogs wants to watch it. But the other part of me that wants to feel like a good person in the morning won't let me do it.

    I'll just have to read your updates and eventual self-loathing here.

    :)