Friday, February 15, 2008

Let's talk about Lost, Baby

***LOST SPOILER ALERT***

***NO, FOR REAL. I'VE GOT LOST SPOILERS COMING***

***YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET, SO WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? GO AWAY. THIS IS FOR ALL OF US WHO WATCHED IT LIVE (OR AT LEAST PARTIALLY LIVE) LAST NIGHT***

***OKAY, FINALLY THEY'RE GONE***

So what'd you think? Did you know that Sayid's boss in the flash-forward was going to be Ben? I'll be honest, I wasn't thinking it, but when I heard his voice for the first time, I said out loud "that sounds like Ben." What a fantastic episode though. I love the episodes where my first reaction after it's over is something like "wait, I don't get it". But then I think about it for a minute and it clicks. That happened last night.

Some questions I'm left to ponder this morning:
- Who is Minkowski really? I'm beginning to think he's Ben's mole on the freighter.
- What was Daniel's experiment all about, and why were the clocks no longer synchronized?
- Was Sayid's flash-forward in the same timeframe as Hurley and Jack's flash-forwards?
- Who is R.G.?

A question that was driving me crazy that I finally went and looked up and got the answer:
- Why does that Miles guy look so familiar? What's he been in? It turns out he was Junior's crazy friend in the nuthouse from the last season of The Sopranos. Ah hah!

Labels: , , , |

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    This website is fascinating. I highly recommend it.

    http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Geez. I hope I'm not in over my head with this show.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    That was my second thought. Right after...ok, this just blew my mind.

  4. Erin Says:

    I read a cool idea on a Lost blog that when Kate says, "I have to get back, I'll be wondering where I am..." or whatever - that she's talking about Ben because she, too, works for him.

    It appears that time moves slower on the island than off the island. This is an AWESOME theory that I think is totally true and would perhaps account for that: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Vile_Vortices

    I would be cool with this theory because it's moderately based in reality, yet still expanding a more mythical/fantastic sort of idea.

    I think that RG could be "the economist" and that naomi worked for him, too.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    miles was in the movie "saw" as a detective, as well as many other movies.

  6. Jerms Says:

    if a time distortion is going on with the island, it would actually be that time is faster, not slower, on the island. As the missile was launched from the boat, time on the island would have sped on faster than the missile was moving in time, causing the missile to seem "late" once it finally arrived. This theory seems improbable to me as people on the island are in communication with people off the island and there is no time delay, so to speak. not that lost has to make sense.....

    i rewound it like 3 times to look at the bracelet on sayid's target/girlfriend's wrist after he shot her, it looked eerily similar to the bracelet sayid pulled off of naomi.

    i was extremely upset to find out ben is still alive.

    i'm going to go check out those websites now :p