Friday, February 15, 2008

Today's jag-bag

I didn't want to mention the "Mr. Clemens Goes to Washington" debacle from Wednesday because everybody who has a forum to do so has already done it. I'll admit it was fantastic theater, but there was really nothing left to say. But then along came this story in The New York Times, where Everybody's Favorite Congressional House Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (or as I'll call him, EFCHCCHW), decided to let us in on his afterthoughts.

The quote from EFCHCCHW that jumps out at me: "I’m sorry we had the hearing. I regret that we had the hearing. And the only reason we had the hearing was because Roger Clemens and his lawyers insisted on it."

Uh, isn't he the EFCHCCHW? The top dog? Who (or is it whom?) does he answer to? The President? If that? And he's saying he only had the hearing because friggin' Roger Clemens (a friggin' baseball player) and his friggin' lawyers (of which EFCHCCHW is probably one too, only on a much grander scale) were the one's who friggin' requested it?

I'm calling shenanigans. No, I'm going beyond shenanigans. This was full-blown no-look behind-the-back alley-oop bullshit.

EFCHCCHW is indeed a "jag-bag".

h/t Buster Olney's blog

0 comments: