Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sunglass Hut, SportClips, and other Randoms

- I can’t wait for something to actually happen during this season of "Entourage". I know it’s coming, but the anticipation is killing me.

- Was it popular in the 1940’s to wear black socks with shorts? Because if it wasn’t, is this just something I have to look forward to when I get older?

- ESPN was at commercial for nearly the entire time while I was at SportClips yesterday. What a waste.

- I have more clothes in my closet that I don’t wear than clothes in my closet that I do wear, and yet I can’t bring myself to get rid of any of it.

- Have you noticed that some weather forecasters have started giving 7-day forecasts now? That’s a lot of nerve since they’re usually wrong by Day 2.

- When you were a kid, there was always a rumor of another kid who swung himself all the way over the bar. But I bet that never happened.

- By the way, why did that extra-wide slide made of rollers even exist? It wasn’t any faster, it hurt your butt, and there was no way you were coming out of there without an injury.

- It’s difficult to shop for sunglasses because you can never tell how you look in them. So wouldn’t it make sense for the folks at Sunglass Hut to have a digital camera on hand so you can see yourself?

- Do you realize that there are people in college right now who don’t remember the last time the Cicada’s showed up? Now how old do you feel?

- I hate it when I’m stuck driving alongside a guy on a bike. Every time my light turns green, I have to do that exaggerated swerve to get past him, only so he can pass me back up at the next light and we can do it all over again. For 20 minutes I have to worry about hitting him, or him taking out my side-view mirror. I hate that guy.

Labels: , |

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Another option at the Sunglass Hut - a mirror!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    oh no no no. that does not work. you can't REALLY see what you look like. you look all tan and pretty, but thats not true.

  3. Erin Says:

    that's why i don't wear sunglasses. i don't like when everything is skewed.

    also, the cicadas came like 3 years ago. i remember because they were horrifying and they would pelt me from all directions while i was walking to the class i took over the summer. i even dropped and broke my travel mug when one landed on me. it was traumatic!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Erin, where are you from, because I think the cicada's come at different times depending on where you live. For people in or near Chicago, it's every 17 years and the last time was 1990.

  5. Megan Says:

    Actually I think that Erin is right too. I remember that Cicada's were out a few years ago. Here's a website to back me up. And while I know this isn't exactly a scientific journal, I am sure (hope) that they did their research.

  6. Anonymous Says:

    I agree, I don't really like Jon Secada, even if it is every 17 years...I guess some of his songs are ok, but I really don't like that kind of music.

  7. Erin Says:

    I was at college in Baltimore at the time. There weren't nearly as many in my home state of Jersey though, so maybe we're both right.