Wednesday, May 02, 2007

C'mon now. I mean honestly.

If you haven't heard by now, the state of Illinois is one approval vote from the governor away from imposing a smoking ban in all restaurants and bars effective January 1st of 2008. Personally, I'm a little surprised that Mike Ditka's testimony on the subject in front of the judge didn't help. If you don't remember it from a couple years ago when the topic was first discussed, it went something like this:

Mike Ditka: "I mean c'mon, a smoking ban? C'mon now."

Lawyer: "Your honor, this ban is necessary due to the effects of second-hand smoke.

Mike Ditka: "That's ridiculous, I mean c'mon. A smoking ban? Really? C'mon."

Lawyer: "Your honor, second-hand smoke kills thousands of people in Illinois alone each year."

Mike Ditka: "Yeah, but a smoking ban? C'mon"

I don't know about you, but he had me sold.

2 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    If the smoking ban is approved in Chicago, people can always try one of these. I bet they taste just like a cigarette. Yum. :P

  2. Anonymous Says:

    YAY! i finally learned how to get around the blocker so i can read this at school!