Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Final thoughts following last night’s Bulls/Pistons game

- Half the contributors of this site are from the Detroit area, so I’ll keep the gloating to a minimum. Also, I still think the Pistons are the better team, so it would be premature and foolish of me to say anything that will come back to bite me on Thursday or next Monday.

- As a Bulls fan, there’s a downside to the final score of the game last night. It leaves open the possibility of a Game 7 in Detroit and having to listen to that PA guy again. DEE-troit BAS-KET-ball! Even if I was a Piston fan, I’d want to shoot that guy.

- Does Ben Gordon have rollers on the bottom of his shoes? Every play he ends up on the floor.

- I can’t help but think that we got shafted with last night’s TNT announcers. Would it have killed them to give us Steve Kerr or Marv Albert?

- I'm a little disappointed that the Patrick Ewing and High-Definition Television eras didn't overlap. But I suppose I'll accept Rasheed Wallace as a consolation.

- By the way, has Rasheed ever explained that weird spot on his head? I'd like to be able to make fun of it, but I don't know if it's a medical condition or not.

- Why is ‘bologna’ spelled b-o-l-o-g-n-a? That’s just insagne.

- I realize that has nothing to do with last night’s game, but that question popped in my head somewhere around the end of the 3rd quarter and I never came up with a good answer.

- Does Rip Hamilton wear that mask when he goes out? Like if I saw him at a restaurant after the game, would he still be sporting it and acting like everything was normal? If not, I think he should start. If you’re going to make the commitment to something that looks so ridiculous, you might as well go all the way with it.

- If I was a foot taller, I have no doubt that I’d be a millionaire right now, even with no discernable basketball skills. Michael Sweetney is my proof.

- I never understood the “R” in Nazr Mohammed’s first name when it’s pronounced like that. But then I considered the alternative; the correct spelling choice was made.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I thought bologna was spelled O-S-C-A-R M-E-Y-E-R. Or is that just it's formal name, and B-O-L-O-G-N-A is more of a nickname?

    And isn't it weird that in this whole "Final thoughts following last night's Bulls/Pistons game" blog, I commented on the one thing that had nothing to do with it?

  2. Tricia Says:

    Yeah, listening to Mason ('that PA guy') does get annoying on TV. But trust me...with a couple of ginormous $9.00 beers in ya at The Palace, he's actually quite a lot of fun.