Friday, March 07, 2008

Lost Recap (wit dem spoiler)

- I can't believe that girl whose father died 2 days before her audition got voted off. What a shame. And believe it or not, I liked that Daniel kid with the attitude, so I was sorry to see him go too. His text-speech made me LOL. Oh well. BLNT.

- Yeah I watched Idol too. My DVR was working overtime last night.

- I should probably keep some things to myself.

- Wow, so another stellar episode of Lost. I was pleased with Juliet's backstory with Goodwin; I thought that was long overdue. It's funny because my favorite characters on the show I think are people who weren't even part of Season 1 (at least not prominently). Juliet is good, Desmond is great, and Ben is always terrific. If not for Sayid and the occasional Sawyer scene (where has he been this season?), the Season 1 crew would be getting dominated.

- Claire got another 20 seconds of screen time. Does anybody else feel like they glossed over the whole Charlie dying thing? If Claire was truly in love with him, wouldn't she still be grieving at least a little bit? Instead she's going about her business like it never happened. Poor Charlie. I think it's pretty clear at this point that Claire is going down soon. They've been hinting at it for a couple weeks now. I guess I'll miss her, but I definitely won't miss her saying "give me back my bay-bay" any more. Hey silver lining.

- That Ben is diabolical. This paragraph will be lame (I guess they all have been), but I wanted an excuse to type the word 'diabolical'. It's such a great word. So is he telling the truth to Locke about Penny's dad? I say yes even though Ben is looking more and more like a creepy myspace guy. His line to Juliet when he brought her to Goodwin's rotting corpse - "take all the time you need" - was brilliant. And diabolical. Still loving that word.

- Questions still to ponder - who is Ben's spy on the ship? Who does Juliet look like that would make her attractive to Ben? Who opened the door on the ship that allowed Sayid, Desmond, and the Indian dude from "Short Circuit" to escape? Are Daniel/Charlotte good guys or bad guys? Or for that matter, is Penny's dad a good guy? 'Til next time......

Labels: , , , |

4 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    I love the word diabolical. :)

    I think everyone on this show seems to get over people pretty quickly. Juliet's bf Goodwin died about 3 months ago (even though it seems like two years), and she's on to Jack. Hurley loved Libby (?), you never hear him talk about her, Sayid loved ...whats-her-face, he seems to have moved on from that pretty well.

    I think Ben's spy is the guy that loosened the ties on that guy from Short Circuit, and also opened the door. (Funny, I wrote that he was from Short Circuit, but didn't realize you had too.)

    You may think I'm wrong, but I'm kind of starting to think that Ben isn't necessarily a bad guy. The only person that I am fairly certain is a bad guy is Penny's father.

    Also, I'd like to know why Penny's dad was buying that shipwreck stuff at the auction...that was the same ship that crashed on the island, right?

    p.s. sorry about the vagueness of my comment, I'm too busy at work to look up the proper names today, but not too busy to comment.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm with you - the only reason I kept saying Penny's Dad is because I wasn't sure if it was spelled Whitmore, Witmore, or Widmore. I figured it was the first one but I was too lazy.

  3. Erin Says:

    I just started a new blog about LOST. Check it out!!

    http://rabbitnumber8.blogspot.com/

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Nicely done.