Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hey, what happened to Greg?

Hi, everyone. Yes, I'm alive. And thanks for all the well-wishes. You can stop calling the house though. Especially you, Jeremy. It comes up UNAVAILABLE on the caller ID, but I can hear you breathing!!!! Pervert!

Anyway, sorry again for my absence but I promise I have a good reason for being away, and I can get a doctors note if you don't believe me. As I'm sure Brian has told you, I have a kidney stone... again. Oh he didn't tell you? He just let you go on thinking that I was slacking off and he was holding the fort by himself? Well I'll show him when its time for bonus checks here at 1 Happy Street, Inc.

Anyway, as you might remember, I've had this problem before... and once again, my right kidney has decided it's not going to pull its weight. I've got a stone about 7mm in diameter that was discovered several weeks ago. The pain has ranged from dull to excruciating but has been pretty constant since the last week of February. Thank God for Vicodin.

Luckily, as was the case with the last stone, I shouldn't have to pass it whole. The stone is still in my kidney and is expected to stay there. If all goes according to plan, I'm going in for a procedure on Monday to break it up into a zillion pieces. After a couple days of recovery, I should be back in the swing of writing daily bits of hilarity so Brian can stop writing about banking.

Below is a picture from my CT Scan. Pretty cool huh? The arrow is pointing to my stone. Isn't he cute? I named him Steve. My stomach is near the top of the image, and no I don't remember eating that. Ok, I have to get back to writhing in agony on the floor of my cubicle.

See you all soon.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I think its neat that a kidney stone looks the same on an x-ray as it does in real life.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm praying for a successful passing of Steve either today or tomorrow (today would be best, though...)