Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yeah, that was my bad

If you haven’t heard by now, former NBA player Tim Hardaway stated yesterday in a radio interview that he hates gay people. That’s not a paraphrase, he actually said the words "I hate gay people". This of course was in reaction to another former NBA player John Amaechi recently coming out as being gay, and Hardaway was asked his feelings on the matter. Afterwards, Hardaway apologized for his comments by saying "I shouldn’t have said I hate gay people or anything like that. That was my mistake."

I don’t know how you feel, but any time something like this happens, it puts a hop in my step. I live for situations like these. Look how close Hardaway came to using the "my bad" defense, substituting the word "bad" with "mistake". Wouldn’t you love it if more people started using this defense?

- Pete Rose, you gambled on baseball. "Yeah, that was my bad."
- Rae Carruth, you killed your former girlfriend. "Hmm, yeah, my bad on that."
- Brian, you’re not funny. "You’re right, my bad."
- George Bush, you got us stuck in Iraq with no way out. "Yeah, completely my bad."
- Barry Bonds, you took all those steroids. "F___ you!"

Some people need to work on their apologies.

0 comments: