Monday, February 05, 2007

Past regrets

Are you like me? Do you dwell on things you've said or done in the past that have made you look like an idiot? I'm not sure what reminded me of this story today but now I can't stop thinking about it.

When I was 16 I worked at a movie theater as an usher. During one busy night at the movies, myself and the other ushers were rushing to clean a theater before allowing the next showing in. It took a while because it was particularly messy in there. We knew the crowd outside was growing anxious about getting to their seats because we were coming up on the start time.

When I opened the door to let the mob of people inside, I started to say, "Thank you for your patience." But halfway through, my mind called an audible and decided to say "Sorry about the inconvenience" so it came out sounding like, "Thank you for your inconvenience." I'm such a moron.

These are the sorts of things that pop into my mind every once in a while. There are thousands of little faux pas that have piled up in my head to make me the social misfit I am today. I need therapy.

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Actually, that is exactly like me. I still think about stupid little things I've said or done waaay in the past. And I often stress about the stupid things I'll say and do in the future. It's really a waste of my time, but I can't help it. It keeps me up at night.

    Like this comment. I'm already regretting it.