Friday, February 23, 2007

YOU should bring ME Handi Snacks

When you were a kid and it was your birthday, it was customary for you to bring in treats for the whole class. Does anybody remember why this was? Shouldn't it have been the other way around with kids bringing in treats for you? After all, it was your birthday, not everyone else's.

"Uh Mom, my birthday's coming up, can you go out and buy me 30 Handi Snacks SO THAT I CAN GIVE THEM ALL AWAY?"

That made no sense. I remember how hard it was to convince Mom to buy Handi Snacks at all. And now that she was, I was going to give them away? And maybe even to someone I didn’t even like? What the hell?

The irony here is now that I'm old enough, I can purchase my own Handi Snacks any time I want, and yet I never do. I was at the grocery store yesterday and probably circled the Handi Snack aisle 2 or 3 times, and yet I sit here today with no Handi Snacks. What's the lesson here? I'm not sure, but I think it proves that I'm an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    It's your fear of having to give them away that keeps you from buying them.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Brilliant Sigmund!