Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dog days of winter

Why do dog owners insist on trying to get their dog to look at the television whenever another dog is shown? I remember situations like this from my childhood, it went something like this:

Me: "Ginger, look at the TV. No, not at me, look over there. It’s a dog on the TV. No, on the TV. Hurry up, you’re gonna miss it. No, look over there. Damn it! You missed it. Stupid dog."

Ginger’s reaction: "What is it? You want me to do what? Get the ball? No? The kids are home? I don’t understand. Stop yelling at me. Oh, I get it. You want me to look at the stupid television again. I’m not even sure I can see anything on that thing. What, is there another dog on there? Look, I don’t care. I’ve seen hundreds of dogs. And they were real. In fact, I’m sure I’ll see Bandit tomorrow when I go outside. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go lay down in my cage for a while. I have big plans tomorrow of lying in that sun spot over by the window all day."

And we think we’re the smart one’s.

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    "And we think we’re the smart one’s."

    Beautiful irony. Much like 'You thought I was dumb, but I'm not. It was all a big fuh-kade.'