Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The proud uncle

Last night, I filled in as the male father figure for Kara, my 4-year-old niece. She had a party at her pre-school where all the "Dad's" were invited to hang out and get to know the teachers, play games, sing songs, and do all that other crazy things that Mom's find interesting but Dad's would rather kill themselves. I'm not speaking for myself here; I'm basing it on the looks on all the other Dad's faces. Okay so anyway, I found out that Kara is the alpha dog of the class. My sister was concerned that she was getting picked on because of some of the stories she came home with. Not accurate. In fact, it was the complete opposite; she was the bully. She was loud, a little mean, and the kids seemed to look to her for direction. Yes, I was proud.

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Brian played games and sang songs with a bunch of 4 year olds?" The answer - yes I did. And there's video of this somewhere because I saw one of the teachers with a camera, meaning somewhere out there is a video of me dancing like a chicken and shaking a plastic egg with small rocks in it (for noise). If I get my hands on this video, you can be sure it will not make its way to youtube like my friend Eric from my wedding, but rather it will be destroyed and never seen or heard from again.

By the way, if you're not sure which youtube video of Eric I'm referring to, click here. He's the guy in the flaming leopard hat. And yes, we remind him of this video almost daily.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    There is nothing better than filming your friends doing embarassing things and then posting them on youtube. Be careful though, karma has paid me back!