Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Why wasn't it called "Heads DOWN, 7-Up"?

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who used to cheat at Heads-up 7-up, and those who didn’t. And if you call yourself a non-cheater, I’ll call you a liar. We all cheated at that game, or at least tried to. Sure, we were sneaky about it. We’d put our head down between our arm, but then we’d try to sneak a peek of the shoes that walked by. That was really the most fool-proof way to cheat and get away with it. Another way to cheat, a method created by a classmate of mine Nathan Tallman, was a little more ballsy than the previous method and only worked if you were one of the 7 chosen ones pushing down thumbs. It also required that you had a teacher who didn’t pay attention. Here’s how it worked: let’s say Nathan pushes down my thumb. Of course I would know it was him because I was staring down at his shoes when he did it. But when it came time for me to "guess" that it was him, he would deny it. Pretty smart, huh? What could I do? Say that I knew it was him and admit that I had seen his shoes? No way! Then everyone would know I was a cheater. Instead, I had to sit there and take it.

Nathan Tallman may have been a genius.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Brian is way funnier than Greg...and better looking too!!! I hear he can run like the wind. :)