Thursday, February 08, 2007

It Never Fails

In mid-December, Jill and I had the fine folks from Perma-Seal come out and inspect our basement because we were getting water down there. It seemed like we would get at least a few puddles after every storm no matter how hard the rain came down. There was no denying we had to get it fixed, especially since we had plans to remodel it.

So a couple months ago, Perma-Seal came out and quoted me $8500 to fix our problem(s). Now I’ll admit I gasped a little bit when the guy said that number, but then he showed me the itemized bill and it made a little more sense. Believe me, our basement needs a lot of work. So anyway, after providing the quote, Perma-Seal called me back the next day and scheduled the work to be done on February 22nd and 23rd.

Fast forward to today: we have not had any water in our basement since they came out for the inspection two months ago. What had been practically a daily occurrence of new standing water has yet to occur again since they originally came out. Why does that always happen? It’s like when you sit through the pain of a toothache for a week or two, then the day before you’re supposed to see the dentist, the pain stops. What the ####?!?! I’ll be honest, I’d feel much better about handing over $8500 if my basement was a small lake right now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    All it takes is alcohol and a hose to do the trick.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Are you sure you didn't have a small dog trapped in your basement that the Perma-Seal guy finally let out as he was leaving? Could explain the lack of puddles since he was there...