Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Recap (Bad Weather, Oscars, and other ramblings)

- I’m an Ellen fan. And I’m not ashamed of it. She makes me giggle. Loved the white shoes.

- Ways to shorten the Oscars: Forget about cutting off the speeches. Just cut out every category except Best Actor/Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress, Director, Screenplay, and Picture. I’d maybe include Best Song, but that’s it. Everything else is a waste of time and nobody cares.

- Last Sunday, I remember seeing a weatherman’s version of the 7-day forecast, which showed the following Saturday (2 days ago) to have a high in the 50’s. This morning, I was watching the news when that same weatherman’s updated 7-day forecast came on the screen. I immediately changed the channel.

- I wonder if Martin Scorsese has ever lost anything in those eyebrows, like his car keys or something.

- Saturday night, I was cleaning off a mixture of snow, rain, and sleet from my windshield after leaving a family party downtown. I remember thinking to myself, "why did I even go out tonight?" I lifted up the drivers-side wiper to clean underneath it and as I was doing that, it fell apart in my hand. Not good.

- I have a feeling that Will Ferrell could have simply sat there on stage for 4 minutes, not saying a word, and I still would have been laughing.

- For those of you that know me well, you know that I've made no secret of the fact that I had never seen Star Wars. Well I can't say that any longer. I saw that it was playing on HBO, so I tivo'd it and finally watched it Sunday afternoon. I'll be honest, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Pretty cool for 1977. But otherwise, eh. I guess at the very least, Spaceballs makes more sense to me now.

- It seems like Eddie Murphy is awfully self-conscious about "Pluto Nash".

- Reason #518 that I am officially getting old. I no longer get excited for "good packing snow".

- Was Clint Eastwood drunk, blind, or can he not read?

- Reason #1 that I may not be as old as I think. The good packing snow tempted me enough to make one snowball and whip it at a tree for no reason whatsoever.

- Did the producers pair each male presenter at the Oscars with a taller female on purpose, or was that just a coincidence?

- Reason #519 that I am officially getting old. I immediately regretted the decision to make a snowball because I wasn’t wearing any gloves.

- I’d be okay if George Clooney was the presenter for every category. I have a feeling I’m not alone on that. Things just seem more important when he’s involved.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I have never seen Star Wars. I have also never seen Back to the future, Forest Gump, or ET. If I see any of these on tc, I turn the channel because I don't want to break my streak.

  2. Erin Says:

    I, too, have never seen star wars, and will deliberately live out the rest of my life without seeing it. I have also never seen back to the future, but am not so opposed to seeing it eventually. Forrest Gump is a very good movie, worth seeing, but not if it will break an important streak! and ET is horrifying and I'm scared of it!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Erin and Anonymous, I am jealous of both of you. My streak is over and now I'm pissed.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    "My streak is over and now I'm pissed." There has to be a joke in there somewhere... :)