Tuesday, August 05, 2008

We're gonna party like it's 1995

I need some ideas for how to dress at work tomorrow. We're having a party to celebrate anniversaries within the company (mine included), but the party has a theme: everyone must dress like the era of their teenage years. It shouldn't be hard for people of the 60's, 70's, or 80's, but I got the 90's. Short of shaving the Nike symbol into the back of my head, I'm not sure what to do. I'm French rolling my jeans, but I need more.

Ideas?

Labels: , , |

4 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    I remember my brother was really into baseball jerseys in the 90's. So if you have one of those lying around, add in some stoned-washed jeans, penny-rolled (that's what we called it) and some Air Jordan's, you should be all set.

    Maybe a gold chain too?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Where would I find jeans like that though? Short of asking that co-worker of mine to borrow one of the half-dozen pairs he has, I'm not sure where I can find any. Maybe I can try the salvation army.

    Good call on the Jordan's. Not sure where I'll find those either, but good idea. Thanks Jane.

  3. Erin Says:

    http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v261/166/14/20101513/n20101513_32001232_4332.jpg

    This is my 8th grade class in 1997. The kid in the front left with the flannel might be a good model. I'd go for the Kurt Cobain look.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Look 1:
    Doc Maartens, stone washed jeans rolled at the cuff, white t-shirt, blazer, spiked hair, earring, chain hanging from your wallet

    Look 2:
    Baggy jean shorts, basketball jersey, Air Jordans with the shoelaces untied, bug chain around your neck

    Look 3:
    Baggy jeans, flannel, Chuck Taylor All Stars

    Look 4:
    Overalls with one buckle undone, cross color t-shirt, hat backwards and off to the side