Friday, August 08, 2008

The magic of gmail

Do you remember that person who was on that singing competition on Fox that I kept providing updates about? You know who I'm talking about, right? The girl who was on that singing competition on Fox a couple seasons ago with Randy, Paula, and Simon.

Okay so get this [part 1]: the last time I provided an update, it got back to her. She must google herself or something (which is why I'm not mentioning her by name right now), so she ended up reading it and then she sent me a scathing email asking where I got all that information about her. Then she told me to stop posting about her on this blog. I responded to her with one word: "sorry?" Yeah, I even used a question mark. I know, I could have been more clever. But I wasn't entirely sure it was even her. I thought it was maybe one of you messing with me by creating a fake email address.

Okay so get this [part 2]: well it turns out it really was her. How do I know? Because since that first email I got from her, I've received maybe a half-dozen more keeping me up to date with what's going on in her life. Yeah, she added me to her distribution list. A distribution list that includes other former contestants from that show on Fox. So now every time she does something or goes somewhere or meets someone, I (and 15 or 20 other people) get an email telling me about it. You wouldn't believe some of the email addresses I have now. It's pretty funny [a few examples: the runner-up from season 1 (J.G.), the 10th place guy (C.S.) and 8th place girl (H.S.) from season 6, and a certain Oscar winner].

I haven't been told anything real juicy yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to post it here. Maybe. I don't want to get yelled at again.

Labels: |

0 comments: